Saturday 17 November 2012

A Kiwi Celebration

I am writing this from the airport as I am on my way home from NZ, where I have been for the last week celebrating my granddad's 80th birthday (my presence was a surprise to him, which he appreciated!). Anyway I thought I would show off a quick section of the trip;

My Nana has a ridiculous rose garden;



You may have seen this on my instagram (@dwishaw) but I liked it so much I had to include it here too!

These lads keeping the carpark safe!


Hukka falls. You have to see it to believe it, but it is a narrow chute in the rock that jets out 40 cubic meters a second of water, insanely loud!


My cousin (who is a top 500 ranked tennis player) gave the oldies a demo of how to play tennis at their tuesday night tennis club meet, he managed to break a couple of tennis rackets in the process. I love how I managed to snap this just as the ball is 'in' his strings.

 I couldn't have this post without a shot of the man himself! The NZ Kiwi industry has been devastated by PSA (a fungus that eats the vines) and I went to see an orchid with granddad and chat about that, while he picked off dead branches out of habit! (since he spent his life in the industry).

No comments:

Post a Comment